If someone would have told me, that I would have to go through the most devastating heartbreak in order to end up on the path that leads to my best life… I don’t know that I would agree to that??? Would any of us?? Really?? I mean, especially not if we actually knew the depths of that devastation– who would be on board for that kind of turmoil!?? Certainly not me….
Yet, here I am about two years after that most terrible event thinking to myself … is it possible to be grateful for that?? Never would I ever imagined that ANYTHING good or positive could come from all of that pain!?!? So much has changed, so much unexpected joy and accomplishment has come from that one event that tore my whole world apart…so that I could have the chance to build a better one. And make no mistake, if that loss had never occurred the life I have now could NEVER have been realized.
- I am over 100lbs lighter, husband is 170lbs lighter!!!
- I have a stronger bond with my husband having gone through, loss (emotional and physical)
- We have learned how to eat- so we can teach our kid(s) the things it took us a lifetime to learn!
- We’ve both accepted therapy and gotten emotional support with handling loss and anxiety – we are stronger for this!
- We’ve had to fight for the life we want. I tend to think we will be more appreciative of it when it gets here.
So it’s true what they say, “sometimes things have to fall apart, so better things can fall together.” It’s never easy to accept, and it’s gonna hurt like hell all the way there, but it is a beautiful thing once you realize you’re on the right path.
I long for the life I had to give up. However, I’m learning to use that longing to my benefit. I use it as fuel for the fire that I need to get to the finish line, instead of letting it burn down my spirit and consume me.
I’ve fought too hard, risked and lost too much to give up any ground now!!!!
For those that are fighting for your best life — keep fighting. Keep notes, for every micro victory rejoice and be proud. For that’s the best and hardest advice to follow!